III : Printed Illustration
Organized by SONSGALLERY (formerly Art Gallery J316), the exhibition for printed illustrations, with various themes, is now open for submissions. The field of two-dimensional visual art has been enlarged with the development of diverse computer programs and printing techniques. Nowadays, printed illustrations are not only produced for commercial design, but are collected and recognized as artworks, as well. Sonsgallery invites you to take part in a new field of modern visual art.
Works selected for the Sonsgallery exhibition of printed illustration may be eligible for the Sonsgallery Award and the Audience Award.
All submitted works must be original and not previously exhibited at Sonsgallery.
You may submit images of up to four of your original works via the Sonsgallery website. Please note that the original work must be available for gallery exhibition and art sale if it is selected. Size of the original work is limited to 36 inches by 40 inches.
- Only unpublished and original works are eligible.
- Submissions from worldwide professional and amateur printed illustration artists are accepted.
- Submissions of up to four illustrations from one artist are accepted. (Artists can submit up to two scenes from one series.)
- Artists should not exceed their submitted work(s) 36 inch size limit.
- Computer drawings, illustrations, graphics, prints, designs, cartoons (Manga), printed scenes from their own films such as documentary, animation and their own picture books, etc., are accepted.
- Printed illustrations in any language other than English must have English translated text for international audiences.
- Please submit your printed illustration work(s) including information below.
1. First name Last name_Title of artwork_Date completed_Medium_Height x Width in inches.jpg
2. Artist’s Statement:
Please explain the artistic process of all artworks submitted, interesting stories concerning your artworks, your perspective on art, techniques used for the artworks, etc.
3. Short CV or Resume in pdf file
4. Application fee (pay online with paypal or credit card)
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTED WORKS
: The results will be notified individually.
: Two weeks in Rämistrasse, Zurich, Switzerland.
Submission of up to three original works possible.
Sonsgallery Award: $200
Audience Award: $100
All accepted works are registered in the exhibition brochures.
Sonsgallery staff and the exhibition audience.
Criteria: originality, innovation, and technical and artistic quality.
Artists can confirm acceptance of their submitted work(s) on the Sonsgallery website after the notification time. Additionally, Sonsgallery will announce selection results by sending an email to each accepted artist. All selected artworks will be posted on the Sonsgallery website concurrently with the notification of acceptance.
The judge’s decision will be announced about two weeks after the submission deadline. The winner of ‘Sonsgallery Award’ will be announced about one week after the notification of the selected works, and the winner of ‘Audience Award’ will be announced the day after the exhibition closes.
All artists are cordially invited to submit to our current call for artists. If you have inquiries or concerns or need any additional information please contact Sunyoung Lee, curator of Sonsgallery's exhibitions, email@example.com .
More information Prospectus